Monday, February 16, 2009


Mom's Goulash was always a hit!

When I was growing up my mom used to make Goulash all the time. My sister said she made it for as long as she can remember. I remember my friends would always come over if they knew she was making it. I was looking up different recipes for goulash, and the only one that resembled my mom's was Rachel Ray's Macaroni and Tomato Goulash. Mom said the more friends we invited the more macaroni she would add to the Goulash. It was also very inexpensive to make, but we never worried about such things as kids, it was just so tasty.

Monday: Home made Pizza and Salad

Tuesday: Goulash and Salad w/bread


Wednesday: Chicken and Rice Casserole

Thursday: Pork Loin with Potatoes and Corn

Friday: Grilled Chicken Breast w/ Baked Potato and vegetables

This is my mom's recipe for Goulash:

1lb ground beef
1/2 chopped onion
1 crushed garlic
garlic salt to taste
salt and pepper to taste
bell peppers were alway optional (if there were any on hand)
1 lb elbow macaroni
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
Brown your beef and garlic and onion. Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Add tomatoes and simmer. Cook macaroni and add to meat mixture. It is really great.


Saturday: Who knows, I sure don't!


check out other menu plans at Menu Plan Monday


1 comment:

Unknown said...

In Southern Maine they call this American Chop Suey. lol